Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How much is YOUR pinch?

My youngest daughter and I were making a typical throw-together dinner.  We had some penne pasta and a small amount of cream cheese, no butter, but plenty of olive oil a can of diced tomatoes.  We put the cream cheese in the pasta after she cut it up into small cubes for better melting.  Added the tomatoes and some parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper and some cayenne pepper.   It was still bland, so I asked her if she put in salt, she said a pinch.  Hm, I've put in a pinch and she put in a pinch of salt...what would we have?

So I measured what a typical pinch of salt is to my hand, it was about 1/8 tsp.  We had her make a pinch  and it measured 1/4 tsp....somewhat of a significant difference!

How big is your pinch?

No comments:

Post a Comment